Randhurst Animal Hospital

212 East Rand Rd.,

Mt. Prospect, IL 60056

Call Us

847-398-5800

Business Hours

Mon - Fri: 8am • 7pm | Sat: 9am • 2pm

Welcome to Dara’s Corner!

Dara's Corner | The Monthly Meow

Monthly Meow

BOO! Did I scare you? Welcome to spooky season, my personal favorite season! I know Halloween can be fun and games for all of us, some of my favorite things are spooking the humans, I’m really good at startling them and they seem to love it. Some great things about Halloween is obviously the fashion, I mean seriously have you seen some of their costumes? They are scary good! (Pun intended) The scary scenario of dogs eating chocolate gets a lot of press, but did you know that gum can be just as poisonous to dogs? If your dog eats gum – a whole pack or even a single piece – they could get seriously sick! The spooky ingredient found in that sugar-free gum is called Xylitol. From what the humans say, Xylitol is a sugar alcohol used as a sweetener in many products, including sugar-free gum and mints, chewable vitamins, oral-care products, and baked goods. If you get ahold of it, it can cause hypoglycemia and even liver failure in your pet. No matter the size, it is dangerous for all pets. It’s even found in some peanut butters as well. That’s what happened to my friend Bear, she got into some sugar-free gum at her humans house. That’s her on the upper right corner, she had to get blood taken out of her to make sure she was okay. So now she has that new haircut on both of her legs. Candy is, obviously, not for your pets.

VIEW FULL ARTICLE »
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter

READ OLDER POSTS: